Daniell & Sons Breweries Ltd

The company was formed in 1887 by the merger of Daniell & Sons of West Bergholt and Daniell Brothers of Colchester. The Castle Brewery in Colchester was closed by 1892 and brewing concentrated at the West Bergholt Brewery. The company survived until 1958 when they sold out to Truman, Hanbury & Buxton Ltd. Both Colchester and West Bergholt appeared on the labels and other advertising material until closure; Colchester being the brewing offices and company address and West Bergholt the brewery.

Keyword search

Double Dan Special Ale 1940s
Double Dan Special Ale 1940s
Double Stout 1920s half pint
Double Stout 1920s half pint
Double Stout 1920s pint
Double Stout 1920s pint
Double Stout 1930s
Double Stout 1930s
Double Stout 1940s
Double Stout 1940s
Double Stout 1950s
Double Stout 1950s
Double Stout wartime
Double Stout wartime
Essex Brown 1950s
Essex Brown 1950s
Guinness after 1936
Guinness after 1936
Light Ale 1930s
Light Ale 1930s
Light Ale 1940s
Light Ale 1940s
Light Dan Ale 1930s
Light Dan Ale 1930s
Light Dan Ale 1940s
Light Dan Ale 1940s
Light Dan Ale 1940s
Light Dan Ale 1940s
Light Dan Ale 1950s
Light Dan Ale 1950s
Adam Leese Design StudioWebsite by Adam Leese Design Studio