The Lamb Brewery was founded c 1850 in Christchurch Street, Frome. The business was registered in May 1893, to acquire the business of John & Thomas Baily, with an estate of some 82 public houses. In 1955 the company merged with Frome United Breweries to form Frome & Lamb Ltd . This company was then acquired jointly by the Stroud Brewery Co Ltd & Ushers Wiltshire Brewery, in 1957 together with 300 public houses. Brewing then ceased and the Badcox Brewery, was later demolished.