Hambridge Brewery Ltd was founded in 1780 and was owned by the Lang family. The Company traded as H. M. Lang & Co. Ltd until 1940 when the name Hambridge Brewery was adopted. The villages of Hambridge and Curry Rivel are about 2.5 miles apart. The brewery was in between, but slightly closer to Hambridge. Some of the buildings are still there.